Head of Test & QA, Finworks Products
Employer Fincore Ltd
Reporting To Head of Finworks
Location 47 Mark Lane, London
The Test & QA team is charged with ensuring the quality delivery and effective functioning of all Finworks’ products, which is key to the growth of the Finworks business. This role is to be a Test champion for the Finworks’ suite of products and the ‘guardian’ of the brand reputation, both internally and externally. You will take responsibility for ensuring the testing of all new products and for the smart introduction of tools and automation where beneficial.
This role is part of the Finworks management team and will have 3-4 direct reports. You will deputise for your peers and act as an escalation point as necessary.
You will work closely with the Software Development teams, Product Management, Technical Architects as well as supporting the Customer Support team to understand and resolve customer issues.
To fully complete this role, for all Finworks’ clients, the ability to obtain UK Security Clearance with the UK Home Office will be required to SC level.
- To be a Subject Matter Expert for Testing of Finworks’ products.
- To have a working understanding of the underlying technologies of our products including delivery and hosting mechanisms
- Provide coaching and support to QA team
- Improve quality standards and procedures
- Develop working relationships with internal teams to ensure a comprehensive appreciation of quality testing techniques and the benefits of automation.
- Define test strategy, processes, standards and tooling for functional and non-functional testing to ensure our products meet the requirements, design specifications, and quality standards.
- Lead test planning and automation strategy
- Own performance and scalability testing
- Own penetration testing
- Assist other teams with product development and requirements definition by demonstrating supreme knowledge of existing systems.
- Own the testing roadmap and overall strategy, consistently communicate with stakeholders and keep them informed of the status on the testing path.
- Understand and balance Fincore and customer commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities. Have a good understanding of the dependencies between the technical components of our products.
Desirable Qualities & Competencies
- A passionate QA evangelist.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A passion to achieve results and ensure all actions are completed to a high standard
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 and/or ISO27001 quality and security standard company.
- A self-starter, able to define their own brief and demonstrate results. Experience of project management and Agile development.
- Effective experience in technical design and implementation of automated tests and integration with a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with JMeter, Load Runner, Selenium or Protractor would be beneficial initially.
- Resilient and confident under pressure and maintains a positive attitude despite adversity.
- Works cooperatively and partners with others across the organisation to get work done, shows flexibility to ensure objectives are met.
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in a Testing Management role within a software development environment.
Closing date: 26th February 2020